Monday 17 May 2010

Queen Cups moving up the frame

Another full inspection, and this time, the Queen Cups are moving up the frame. I think these could quite probably become full on Queen Cells and am busy planning my next steps.

Robin (bee mentor) has developed his own method of dividing a hive that is based as far as possible on the bees' natural behaviour, and which also (hopefully) will result in two strong hives rather than one strong and one weaker one. I will try and blog about this in more detail this week as it will involve me moving a nucleus hive and one of my main hives to his apiary. Every beekeeping association seems to have experienced beekeepers with their own methodologies and I thought it would be interesting to give Robin's method a go as it certainly seems logical! Wathc this space, and i would be interested in any thoughts / feedback...

And finally - it is official. Bees have been sighted in the 2nd super. There are rumours of one frame of drawn comb, and, in the first super, about 1cm of capped honey....

No comments:

Post a Comment